My poor heart....

I read an article recently that stated "Postmenopausal women are at greater risk for heart disease, so redirect your diet toward low-fat foods and lower your salt intake — this reduces the risk of heart attack and atherosclerosis."

Great! The one part of my health that has always and - I mean ALWAYS - been good, has been my cardiac status. Resting pulse of 68 and blood pressure that is routinely 90/60. Never a worry, never a care about heart attack, etc. Except now.

Another factor that plays heavily into heart disease in women is weight. I resurrected this blog because I wanted accountability to get rid of the 35 excess pounds my poor heart and knees are carrying around. If post-menopause is now a time where cardiac issues pop up, then this weight needs to be taken out of the equation for good.

For the next few months I am going to stick to a regime of diet and exercise that I'll be documenting and sharing here. Because I know menopausal and post-menopausal weight is a bitch to get rid of, any and all way I discover that helps with this I will share. Promise. I will not be doing fad diets or afflicting myself with exercise bulemia. No. Those days are done...buried...hasta luego! It's all about health now. Looking good is a secondary goal - hopefully one attainable - but I'd rather be a size 12 and live to see my grandkids than a size 4 and look good in my premature coffin. Agree? Disagree?

If you meni-peers (menopause peers) have any suggestions, let's hear them. I'm open to almost anything that is not going to kill me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crepey skin or Creepy skin?

The skinny on my neck

Unconventional Actions - Don't judge me!