Time flies, pounds add, and skin wrinkles...

I was on Facebook this morning and you know that tab that pops up once in a while ( okay, every friggin' day!) that says Your Memories on Facebook? Well, my last blog post to this blog popped up. It was dated October 2015! Wow. Over 2 years have passed since I blogged here. I started reading some of the entries I'd made during those horrible initial days of menopause. I laughed, I cringed, I nodded my head in agreement. Some of those blog posts still hit home today so I decided to resurrect this blog and start posting every now and again about my life now that I'm 3+ years into this dreaded condition.

So....what's new?

Well, I'm still....chubby ( okay, that may be putting it mildly). It seems that nothing -and I mean nothing - I do will take the weight I've gained off. If I eat 5oo calories a day, if I eat none. If I do the healthy route and 2000, or if I do a structured weight loss machine like Weight Watchers, nothing happens. In fact, if I do 2000 per day and increase my exercise schedule, I gain weight.

There's just something so wrong with that, you know?

I spoke to my GP a few weeks ago about this because I'd been doing Weight Watchers religiously for 1 month. I gained 7 pounds. First thought in my head was that I have a pituitary tumor or something going on because no one should gain weight on a weight reduction program. But it's happened to me twice now. Doc took blood tests - thyroid and a boatload of others - the diagnosis? Nothing's wrong with me. This is just my body now that I'm 3 years away from 60.

Shoot me now. Just...shoot me.

Another thing that's a tad different is my skin. I've always been vain about my skin. I've shunned the sun like a vampire for 12 years. No new freckles have cropped up. What has is this skin that looks like cottage cheese that's flesh colored. There's a word for it now: Crepey skin. Look at that quickly and you think it says CREEEPY skin, which, believe me, is what it looks like to me! Jane Seymour has this new product out called Crepe Erase, and it's not about how to make a thin breakfast pancake! I succumbed to my own mental pressure and ordered a month's supply. I'll let you know if I see any changes.

Until next time, sweaty peeps. Be well. Try to sleep and if you can't click on my blog!


I now have a bunch of Social Media sites you can follow me on. Just click and follow:
 Tweet Me//Read Me// Visit Me//Picture Me//Pin Me//Friend Me//Google+Me// Triber// Book Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crepey skin or Creepy skin?

The skinny on my neck

Unconventional Actions - Don't judge me!