January 29, 2013

Welcome to the next major life changing event in my life: Menopause!

I decided to start this written narrative about the next chapter in my life as a way of coping and dealing. There is SO much change involved in these next few years - physiologically, emotionally, spiritually, sexually - that I need a forum like this to extract information from, impart it to, and try to analyze my way through this maze of middle years. I will be combing the information highways for ways to deal with all these changes in a positive, informative and hopefully humorous way. And I want to share what I learn with others going through the same thing as me.

And when I say others I mean WOMEN because as we all know, the myth of male menopause is just that: A BIG FAT LYING MYTH! I've been around a lot of men in my 52 years, of all ages, shapes and dispositions and not one of them EVER complained of a hot flash, mood swing or adult-onset acne!!
A spreading waistline and a little balding is NOTHING compared to waking up in the middle of the night feeling like someone just poured a bucket of boiling water all over you! And then waking up three more times in the same night feeling the same way. I'd take a little male pattern baldness over that any day!

So, I hope you join me on this scary adventure. I promise I will always be fair and impartial with any info I pass on, be it advice from the National Menopause Info alliance ( yes it really exists!), or humorist Irma Bombeck who made a fortune telling jokes about  what the average woman endures during this time. Hopefully, we will all learn a little something and have fun along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crepey skin or Creepy skin?

The skinny on my neck

Unconventional Actions - Don't judge me!