Heat, hot weather and flashes

It's been a hot and humid summer here, both outside and inside. Literally: inside my body! The flashes are under control for the most part but the craziest thing has happened to my internal thermostat since the origin of this journey through menopause. It used to be I was always cold. And I mean ALWAYS. Flannel sheets and pajamas didn't cut it and I froze all winter long. I never needed the air conditioning in the summer months because I exuded frostiness from my pores. Then menopause hit like a tornado this past january. Once the flashes were under control I figured I'd go back to a pseudo normal existence.  HA! The joke's on me. It seems my internal furnace has been stoked into high temp gear. I burn all the time now. No amount of air conditioning is cooling enough, no amount of imbibing cold drinks seems to have any effect on me. I'm hot. In every way, but the good way.

My poor husband wakes up every morning looking like a popsicle because I have the AC jacked up to the highest it can go. I sleep on top of the sheets and comforter because the moment I go under them, even if it's just the top sheet, I sweat like a farm animal.

This is not fun.

I've been through three containers of a baby powder and three deodorants since june. I now have sweat guards sewn into most of my tops. I used to be able to wash my clothing in cold water on the delicate cycle. Now I have to wash everything in burning hot water on the "tough stains" choice or the sweat rings and odors don't come out. When everyone else is freezing, I'm sweating. So not fun.

I used to be upset by how cold I was all the time. Now, I'd give my right sweaty arm just to feel a little cooler, a little less damp and a little more in control of my body.

Menopause is not for the weak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crepey skin or Creepy skin?

The skinny on my neck

Unconventional Actions - Don't judge me!