Laugh and the world laughs with you...

Sometimes, I need to take a break from all the menopause research and just kick back and laugh. Here are some of my favorite quotes, anecdotes, and tales from women - by women - for women.

"The hardest years in life are those between 10 and 70." Helen Hayes at age 73

"I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as stray eyebrows." Jeanette Barber

"Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse." Lily Tomlin

"I male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car." Carrie Snow

"I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house." Zsa Zsa Gabor

"The phrase working mother is redundant." Jane Sellman

"Who thought up the word mammogram? Every time I hear it, I think I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone." Jane King

"I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb and I'm also not blonde." Dolly Parton

"You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women. But you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy." Erica Jong

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends." Lauri Kuslansky

"Behind every successful man is a surprised woman."Maryon Pearson

"I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career." Gloria Steinem

"I have everything I had 20 years ago, only it's a little bit lower." Gypsy Rose Lee

"A woman's rule of thumb: if it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it." Unknown


"Did you hear about the new Barbie: postmenopausal Barbie? This Barbie wets her pants when she sneezes, forgets where she puts things, and cries a lot. She is sick and tired of Ken sitting on the couch watching the tube, channel surfing. She comes with Depends and Kleenex. As a bonus this year, the book Getting in touch with your inner self is included.

Comments

Post a Comment

Share your story!

Popular posts from this blog

Crepey skin or Creepy skin?

The skinny on my neck

Unconventional Actions - Don't judge me!