Do I look fat in this?

Do you really want to know the answer to this question? Okay, here's the truth: YES! You do look fat in that. But it's not you're fault. Weight gain and bloating were probably things you had to deal with when you had a NORMAL period. Now that you're menstrual cycle is going the way of the dinosaur, you probably thought all those lousy premenstrual fat days were behind you. Sorry, not so. In fact, I gained ten pounds in less then a month and I didn't change my food intake. Every ounce of the weight gain was in my midsection with a little leftover creeping up my back. Yikes!

I talked to two doctors who told me this is really more normal than you would hope, but you can combat it. If you were a good and faithful exerciser before menopause, and you continue to be during and after, you can keep the weight gain on the lower side of the scale. Ditto if you ate well and didn't overindulge in junk food, fatty foods or too much alcohol. Basically, if you took really good and healthy care of yourself, you have a fighting chance of staying trim.

The other side of that coin is just as true.If you had an unhealthy diet, rarely or never exercised, and drank, smoke, or did anything too much, you will have a tougher time keeping that bloating and fatty weight off.

I'm doomed. No lie. But I am nothing if not a fighter. In the middle of this trying time I am back on my weightloss system and I am walking - briskly - 5-6 times per week at least 2 miles. I hope to be able to walk more in the new year.

Take it from someone who knows what an uphill battle weight loss and maintenance is. If you or anyone you know is in menopause, or is even peri-menopausal, start taking steps right now to reclaim your body. Your clothes will thank you for it, trust me!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crepey skin or Creepy skin?

The skinny on my neck

Unconventional Actions - Don't judge me!