Which would you rather be: a hot mama or a cool chick?

Hmmmm. Let me think about that for a moment while this flash abates.

I never thought I would need to choose between the two. But now that I've been going through this flash phase ( say that three time fast!) for almost a year, I would give anything to revert back to my cool state. While trolling the internet research on menopause the other day, I found an article about a new "cooling device" that's being used for hot flashes and in treating migraine headaches. I'll put the link to the article at the end, but what the article describes is an electronic ice cube that doesn't melt.

Huh?

It's called AMBI and is marketed as "the first ever portable, personal cooling device that works likes an ice cube to instantly deliver mess-free cool, soothing relief." Apparently it can used for everything from flashes, to migraines, insect bites and bruises. The touch of a button activates the device to deliver coolness to any area it is placed on.

It's not big - about the size of a cell phone, but it's not cheap either, with a retail price of about $50.00.

Since I've been living in hot flashville for the past year, I've tried all sorts of things to try and cool down, from standing in front of our open freezer and fanning myself with the door, to eating ice cubes ( not good for the enamel on your teeth!) and to dressing differently - less clothes, more natural fabrics. Nothing has helped.  I've had to leave meetings just to walk somewhere where it was a cooler temperature because of a sudden flash. I've taken various articles of clothing off in front of patients when a flash hits because I've felt as if I've been thrown into an active volcano. Don't get the wrong idea here - it's a jacket or a sweater that's come off, nothing more.

I've tried everything but stripping naked and jumping into a lake. Cool drinks that I imbibe so quickly, it's a wonder I haven't needed to be Hemliched work for a second; cool compresses on my pulse points  just made me wet and drippy, and the aforementioned ice cube eating.

This might be something worth looking into.

www.myambi.com
http://bit.ly/1fB3TT4
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/12/05/5972900/new-ambi-cooling-device-puts-instant.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crepey skin or Creepy skin?

The skinny on my neck

Unconventional Actions - Don't judge me!