Baby,it's cold outside...

That old song makes the point of telling you to come indoors during a cold, harsh winter night where it's all warm and cozy by the fire and in the arms of a lover. Cut to reality: it's seven degrees outside today, there's a nor'easter on the way,  and I left the house this morning in a spring jacket, sans gloves, hat and scarf because I WAS TOTALLY COMFORTABLE IN THE FRIGID COLD!!

Last year, PPM ( Pre-Peggy-Menopause), I slept on flannel sheets, with fleece socks on my feet, and fleece lined pj's, under an electric blanket cranked to 10 most nights between november and april. I never left the house without fur-lined gloves, a hat that covered my head and ears, and a scarf that could wrap around my neck at least three times. Not to mention a big, bulky, lined wool coat. I would set the seat warmers in my Subaru up to "high" and turn on the dashboard heat full blast for the three minute drive to work. During the winter months I always wore a long sleeved shirt, a sweater, and sometimes a blazer over them to work, along with wool trousers and socks. I was perpetually cold.

This year, in full blown menopause ( FBM!), I now wear a shortie summer nightgown to bed, that I usually yank off most nights, while I sleep, butt naked, on top of the flannel sheets and Down comforter my husband is huddled under. At work, I wear cotton trousers with a sleeveless blouse most days and a thin, unlined blazer over that because I don't like showing my 53 year old upper and aging arms to  the world. I drive to work with the sun roof OPEN, the frigid breeze billowing through the cab, and the heat turned to air conditioning mode. No gloves, hat or scarf dons my body and my spring jacket gets cleaned every two weeks because I wear it daily and believe me, from sweating, it needs the regular cleaning.

I have been called cold blooded in the past by people who didn't like me. They weren't referring to my metabolism at the time, but now the moniker is an apt and appropriate descriptor. My internal thermal system has done a 180 since the FBM took over and that Katy Perry Song "Hot and Cold" was written just for me.

It may be cold outside folks, but inside, it's a blazing inferno and I'm burning up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crepey skin or Creepy skin?

The skinny on my neck

Unconventional Actions - Don't judge me!